WOBI ON STRATEGY
MICHAEL PORTER’S UNIQUE LEGACY MASTERCLASS
WHAT IS WOBI ON STRATEGY?
Led by Professor Michael Porter, one of the world’s most legendary figures on management and competitiveness, WOBI on Strategy is a unique opportunity to learn directly from the father of modern business strategy. During this 100% digital masterclass, Prof. Porter will draw on his more four decades of work in the field to reveal how to think about strategy, what it takes to compete in a volatile marketplace, and the impact of digital transformation on the strategic and competitive landscape, equipping you to better ensure the future vitality and prosperity of your organization.
Would you like to receive more information?
1. How to Think About Strategy
- Strategy Fundamentals – What is strategy, what are the essential concepts, and why is it important?
- Strategy Versus Execution – Strategy is not the same as executing well. So how should strategy and operations come together?
- Multiple Levels of Strategy – Strategy is not one size fits all. Learn about the three different levels of strategy, why they matter, and the questions at the core of each level.
- The Five Forces Framework – Understand the fundamental drivers of industry competition, and how to analyze industry structure to identify and maximize competitive advantage.
- Strategic Positioning – Strategic positioning starts with considering how to create unique value through a lasting competitive advantage. We’ll consider the two elements of positioning – the value proposition and the value chain – that underpin a distinctive strategy.
- Creating Shared Value – Societal impact is increasingly a key source of competitive advantage. How should businesses integrate social issues into strategy to benefit society while reinforcing profitability?
2. The Impact of Digital Transformation on the Strategic and Competitive Landscape
- The Digital Transformation – “Digital transformation” is a constant topic in business and media, but what does it really mean?
- Implications of Digital Transformation – Digitization has changed how we work and do business, how we think about competing, and the strategy choices we make. How should we think about these implications?
- Factors Driving Digital Strategy—We’ll explore the forces that have fueled the digital transformation to date, what is next, and why.
- Digital Strategy – We’ll consider frameworks to think holistically about the digital transformation, and how it can affect your industry and strategy.
3. Industry Competition in a Volatile Marketplace
- Assessing Industry Change – How to approach competitive analysis and identifying marketplace trends and differentiators in a volatile marketplace
- Revisiting Five Forces – Changing market conditions may very well affect industry structure and the competitive landscape. How do we reassess future changes in industry structure and the emerging opportunity and threat landscape?
- What Not to Do – Strategy is about long-term choices. Deciding what not to do is just as important as deciding what to do.
- Strategy in Crisis – During uncertain times, how should we think about reassessing and strengthening strategy? How does this apply as the COVID-19 pandemic continues?
ABOUT MICHAEL PORTER
The world’s leading authority on competitive strategy
Widely recognized as the father of modern business strategy, Dr. Michael E. Porter is a renowned economist and one of the world’s most legendary thinkers on management and competitiveness. Throughout his career at Harvard Business School, he has brought economic theory and strategy concepts to bear on many of the most challenging problems facing corporations, economies and societies, including market competition and company strategy, economic development, the environment, and health care.
His first book, “Competitive Strategy”, has continued to define the modern strategy field since its publication in 1980. Today, according to Fortune magazine, Porter has “influenced more executives – and more nations – than any other business professor on earth.”
Pricing & Promotions
Benefits per ticket:
Access to the On Demand content for 30 days
Exclusive Audiovisual Content Post-Event
Add the nº of tickets you want to buy:
The ideal learning experience for any team!
If you have any question, want more information regarding packs of more than 10 tickets or sponsorships, contact us.