WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Understand how influence works in organizations and industries
Understand your clients and learn to use emotions as the driving force behind their decision making
Know the tools to make marketing and communication more efficient
Learn to deliver practical value to positively influence customers
Divided into 4 different modules
4 Hours of content
100% Online course
For mid to senior level executives
About Jonah Berger
A renowned professor of marketing at the Wharton School, Berger is a student of human influence and an expert in how people make decisions, how ideas spread and how social influence shapes behavior.
He has shared his ideas in the bestselling books Contagious: Why Things Catch On and Invisible Influence: The Hidden Forces that Shape Behavior. Having spent over 15 years studying how social influence works and how it drives products, Berger has helped drive new product adoption, sharpen effective messaging, and develop marketing strategy at organizations large and small.
How To Influence The Consumer Behaviour To Drive Sales
MODULE 1. AN INTRODUCTION TO INFLUENCE AND CONSUMER CENTRICITY
- Which is tastier?
- Why great companies make what they can sell?
- Decoding consumer behavior
- Who is your competition?
- The status quo bias
- The timing of costs and benefits
- LESSONS LEARNED: Module 1
MODULE 2. MOVING FROM UNDERSTANDING TO INFLUENCE
- The impact of word of mouth
- How word of mouth works
- Why people talk and share
- Introducing the STEPPS framework
- Controlling the message vs shaping the message
- LESSONS LEARNED: Module 2
MODULE 3. LEVERAGING SOCIAL CURRENCY
- The secret about secrets
- What we can learn from what we share
- How to make customers feel like insiders
- Scarcity and exclusivity
- Finding inner remarkability
- LESSONS LEARNED: Module 3
MODULE 4. HOW TO USE TRIGGERS & EMOTION
- Camels and commerce
- What are triggers?
- Going beyond frequency: four key questions
- When we care we share
- Emotions vs numbers
- Building a connection
- Are some emotions better than others?
- LESSONS LEARNED: Module 4
MODULE 5. MAKING YOUR BRAND PUBLIC AND PRACTICAL
- Build to show, build to grow
- Social proof
- Give people news they can use
- Content marketing
- Applying the rule of 100
- LESSONS LEARNED: Module 5
MODULE 6. HARNESSING THE POWER OF STORIES
- Building a Trojan horse
- Key Trojan horse ingredients
- LESSONS LEARNED: Module 6