With a charming, friendly personality that showed through, and surely contributes to her ability to drive being social, Randi Zuckerberg was the center of attention on the World Marketing Forum stage, discussing the most important aspects to have in mind during our exchange with the online community. Who do we want to be on networks? Ask Mark Zuckerberg’s sister, who formerly led Marketing at Facebook. In the following she explains the 10 ways to secure your relationship with clients and reach even more people.
1) A life of luxury without spending a fortune: Who wouldn’t like to have a better economic situation for less money? Surely everyone. Zuckerberg used online platforms such as TaskRabbit, who found a niche market for exchanging housework, or Rentatherunway that allows you to be dressed by a couture designer for much less than what it would cost to buy the outfit.
2) Create a loyalty program that is forward-thinking: loyalty isn’t always synonymous with a gift, but can also be an emotional experience exclusive for clients. For example, there are many companies that give access to the latest news and deals if you are a Facebook fan, making you feel special. Or even publishing pictures you’ve sent making you….famous!
Continue reading more to learn the rest of Randi’s trends.
3) Use platforms to serve the client: on social networks we have an enormous power and the ability to be impactful, even to those clients that aren’t satisfied with our business. Therefore it is important to realize how we affect the client’s experience and take advantage of networks to respond to the client. And don’t wait to do it…because it could have the opposite effect.
4) Mobile first: each day more companies are being born mobile…and the smart companies are the ones who realize this power. So think about what you can offer on a mobile platform to improve user experience.
5) People as curators: Make sure that clients think of you as an expert in something specific by making reports and sharing content, even when it is developed by someone else.
6) Have a sense of humor: social networks are a space to take advantage and be more destructured. Don’t be afraid to have fun and share content or thoughts that are funny.
7) Crowdsourcing: Now it’s all about sharing! Platforms such as Kickstarter require small funds, but from many people, but make a big difference: giving way for the creative dreams of people to become a reality.
8) Gifts and coupons: many businesses created within Facebook these type of benefits, and have a lot of success.
9) Video and livestreaming: Zuckerberg advocates the intersection of traditional and social media, convinced that they can unite and be complimentary. Videos are a great way to get closer to your clients, giving them a personalized and different service.
10) Gamify everything: Life is more fun with games! For example, a Nike app claps every time someone “likes” an activity you are doing. Games such as Farmville developed by Zynga are having an incredible impact on social network users.
It is clear that social networks and apps can make life better AND make a closer connection with clients, and reaching more diverse generations and communities every day. Are you taking advantage?